January 21, 2013

It's My Birthday And I'll Eat What I Want To!

So it was my birthday on Friday, and no the title of this post doesn't mean I cheated and ate something that isn't safe. But I do think being able to eat what you want on your birthday is something to celebrate!
When I first started eating this way I did feel quite limited in my options. But over the last year and half I have learned to adapt my whole style of cooking and it is at the point where I don't miss any of the foods I used to eat. It's amazing how the body can adapt!
So when my mother asked me what I wanted for my family birthday dinner over the weekend I didn't even hesitate... RIBS! With squash, stir fried vegis and a carrot cake for dessert (I will post this recipe next!) It was all pretty delicious if you ask me.

I know this is a short post but it was something that felt important to me. I am sure there are many of you out there feeling limited in your food options... but trust me there are so many things you can make while still avoiding certain foods that have become a staple in the modern North American diet (gluten, soy, dairy to name just a few). There are more and more blogs popping up that are dedicated to this way of living plus many cookbooks that are SCD, GAPS and paleo friendly!

How was your weekend? Did you eat anything special? What will be on your menu for your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment