February 10, 2013

Apple Cinnamon "Oatmeal" (Paleo, SCD, Breakfast)

If you don't tolerate nuts I warn you to stop reading right now because this one will just make you jealous!
Back before I eliminated grains I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I loved it. I would add all sorts of good things like fruit, nuts, nut butters, coconut... oh yum! Sometimes I would even eat it again for dinner... yep that's how much I loved the stuff.
Well clearly this isn't a true oatmeal recipe as it's completely grain free but it is pretty darn yummy if you ask me! And I really don't think the pictures do this one justice but trust me it does taste good!

Apple Cinnamon "Oatmeal" (Paleo, SCD, Breakfast) 


Ingredients

2 cups pecans
1 cup water
1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (depending on desired taste) 
1 TBSP organic vanilla
1 cup apple sauce 

Optional toppings (you choose your favourites): fruit, coconut flakes, coconut milk, raisins... 

Directions

1. Grind pecans in your food processor until you get a finely ground mixture (it will start to form clumps)
2. Add water to pot and turn onto medium heat
3. Add ground pecans to water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the "oatmeal" is your desired consistency. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pot. 
4. After a few minutes add the cinnamon and vanilla
5. Once oatmeal is almost done add the apple sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes
6. Remove from burner, add desired toppings and enjoy!




Let me know what you think! What would you add?

2 comments:

  1. That actually looks delicious and I need one dish recipes like this so badly, with my energy levels. Thank you!! Access the Dark Web Deep Web stories Deep Web Reddit Links Deep Web Browsers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and delicious! I do some prep ahead meals but not that many. I think this is very worthwhile and nice to know you always have a meal on hand!UpdateLand

    ReplyDelete