These are probably one of the easiest things that I bake, and trust me they are still good (even the boyfriend agrees... I wouldn't lie to you I promise).
I pretty much make a batch of these each week. I carry these around as snacks when I am on call... at 3AM when you start to fill ill from lack of sleep these babies hit the spot!
This recipe highlights one of my baking rules: everything is better with vanilla. Not only does it smell delicious but it brings out the flavour in baked goods like nothing else! Go ahead and disagree with me but I stand by my rule!
Honey Vanilla Scones (SCD, Paleo, Egg Free, Dairy free)
3 1/2 cups almond flour
¼ cup butter or coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 TBSP organic vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg or 3 TBSP water
1. Place flour and butter in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 80 seconds on high to melt butter
2. Add remaining ingredients to bowl
3. Mix well with a pastry blender
4. Place dough on a sheet of wax paper and press into a large ball surrounded by the wax paper
5. Place dough with wax paper surrounding it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (this isn't necessary but helps the dough stay together and makes it easier to work with)
6. Preheat oven to 350 F
7. Form 3 inch round discs with dough and place on a baking sheet (this should make about 6 scones)
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops of the scones are golden brown in colour.
9. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy! These freeze really well too if you want to store them for later
Let me know what you think of these! Aren't they super easy??