So I am going to try to start posting more meal recipes. Because let's face it, in order to get to dessert you have to have a meal first. Right? Maybe? Sometimes?
You know what's sad? The weekend is almost over. Tomorrow it's back to work. I always feel like I need another weekend to catch up from the weekend! Does anyone else have this problem??
Well if you are looking for something to make that will last for a few lunches this chicken recipe will do the trick! I have always loved curries and this one is allergy friendly so enjoy friends!
Mango Chicken Curry (SCD, Paleo, GAPS, Chicken)
4 TBSP coconut oil or grassfed butter or ghee
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp cumin seed
1 medium onion
1 medium head brocolli
1 red or orange bell pepper
1 cup pureed mango or mango juice (to make pureed mango simply place chopped fresh or frozen mango in food processor and grind to desired consistency)
1 can coconut milk or equivalent amount of homemade coconut milk
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup frozen/ fresh peas
** Optional: 3 TBSP peanut or almond butter
1. Turn burner onto medium and place large frying pan or skillet on for a few minutes to warm
2. Add oil to pan and then add chicken breasts and heat until cooked on outside
3. Remove chicken breasts and cut into cubes
4. Return chicken cubes to pan to cook fully
5. While chicken is cooking chop onion
5. When chicken is fully cooked add onion and cumin seeds to pan and cook until onion is clear/ tender
6. While onion is cooking chop both the broccoli and pepper
7. Add broccoli and pepper to skillet and allow to cook for a few minutes
8. Add coconut milk, mango puree, curry powder and turmeric to pan and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until broccoli is cooked and most of liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally to prevent ingredients from sticking to bottom of pan
** If adding peanut butter add it here (I know not everyone can tolerate nut butters but this dish is so much more delicious with this addition)
9. When there is 5 minutes left to cook add the peas to the pan and finish simmering
10. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!