So I know we all have our favorite foods. Those items that just make you happy the moment it hits your mouth. I feel like my favorites do change from time to time but there are a few standbys that I just love.
1. TeaAnyone who knows me know that I like tea. A lot. I have at least 3 cups a day. Everyday (well ok sometimes I miss 1 or 2 cups but generally 3 is the rule). My current favorites are Chai Guarana from David's Tea, Earl Grey and Peppermint. Does everyone know David's Tea? I first discovered them when I was in Quebec City this year for a conference. Well let me just say it was a very dangerous discovery for me. But one that makes me a very happy girl indeed!
2. Carrot CakeIf you hadn't guessed this one from my birthday post well now you know. I love carrot cake. Like love. I have for a long long time so when I changed my diet I was determined to make an "Erin friendly" version of this one. I have made a few adjustments over the years but I have found a recipe that I love. I make this whenever there is an occasion that requires a cake that is safe for me to eat. It does require a little work (mostly grating the carrots and apple) but the end result is well worth it if you ask me.
3. Soda Water and LimeThis one probably sounds odd but I love the refreshing taste of lime in soda water. Yum! I pretty much have at least one glass of this everyday. And when I don't I crave it. That's probably a bad sign. But I don't care.
4. SquashI could live on squash. It wouldn't be healthy but it would be delicious! The only downside... it turns your hands a lovely orange hue. Trust me it's not very attractive. I have had attendings comment on the color of my hands in the past so I have been trying to eat this a little more sparingly. It's hard! My favorites are butternut and buttercup, but really any kind will do. I usually just bake it in the oven but frying squash with onions is super delicious if you haven't tried it! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
5. Baked applesThis is one thing that I am currently loving! I have been cooking apples with a little cinnamon and adding some butter when they are done. So good! It's like pie... just minus the crust. And let's be honest, sometimes a pie crust just requires too much work! This has been my go to dessert for the last few weeks while I have been away from home on my elective.
Well those are a few of my favourites. What are yours??