May 17, 2013

Weekly Recipe Wrap-up

So I have been away in Vegas this week so I don't have a recipe of my own to post for you but I will share some of my favorites from around the web this week. Some of these just look way too good not to make! Which ones will you try first??

Coconut Butter Cups from Sweetlyraw 



Now you all know that I definitely do not follow a raw diet. However, raw desserts do make a regular appearance in my kitchen because most of the ingredients used are SCD friendly - and even if they aren't they can be easily tweeked (ie. using honey instead of agave nectar). One of my favorite raw dessert blogs is SweetlyRaw. These coconut dessert cups are just one of the many delicious items you can find on this blog. When I first found this blog I spent a lot of time going back through the archived recipes...so many good ones to choose from! 


Grain Free Apple Walnut Pancakes from Seasonal and Savoury


Now I know there are a ton of grain free pancake recipes out there but this one just sounded too good not to share. I haven't made them yet so I really have no idea if they are tasty or not... but just look at them... how could they not be good?? Pretty much anything with apples in it is good in my books. If you make these let me know how they are! 


Paleo Pumpkin Chili from HealthBent 


Doesn't this look good?? Well to me it does! This chili recipe incorporates cocoa powder which I know sounds strange but trust me is delicious! Now I know cocoa powder isn't SCD legal so I apologize to those out there who won't be able to add that ingredient. And I have to say that the addition of avocado cream to this is genious. Who doesn't love avocado? 

Almond Butter Chocolate Cups from Mommypotamus


So it is a week for dessert cups apparently! Here is another recipe from Mommypotamus. If you haven't checked out this blog already I urge you to do so! Not only are the recipes great but the health information that is shared on this website is awesome! 
Now I know those of you who are pure SCD are cursing me right now because this recipe is again not SCD legal.. I will be making this one with honey instead of maple syrup but I don't think there is any substituting the cocoa powder... unless you made these with coconut butter instead (I can try it and let you know how it goes!) 

Alright folks well that's all for now... I am still in Vegas and sadly getting ready to come home and back to reality. Not ready for that I must say!

Let me know what you think of this weeks recipes! If you make any of them let me know! 

And as always feel free to ask me anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment