July 14, 2013

Cashew Coconut Butter (SCD, Paleo)

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good weekend. For those of you in Calgary I hope you are having a great Stampede and staying safe.

Now I don't often sing my own praise but this Cashew Coconut Butter is delicious. Seriously. And super easy to make!
Have I tempted you yet?
I have been topping my cooked apples with this for the last few weeks. It's also really good with cooked pears. And by itself. And topping banana bread... I could go on....

Cashew Coconut Butter (SCD, Paleo)


Ingredients

2 cups soaked and dehydrated raw cashews
1 cup coconut butter or coconut manna (if you don't have any on hand you can create your own by blending raw coconut into coconut butter using your food processor) 


Directions

1. Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until you create a creamy texture. This will take some time but be patient! It is worth it! You will have to take breaks to scrape the sides of your food processor from time to time. 
2. Fill a mason jar or any other container with your butter and store in the fridge. This will keep for weeks (probably longer mine just never lasts that long!) 



The sweetness of the cashews combined with the sweetness of the coconut blend to create a delicious combination. 
I almost feel bad calling this a recipe because it is so easy, and only has 2 ingredients! 

Ok that's all for now! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone 


No comments:

Post a Comment