July 07, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Zucchini Bread (Paleo, Dessert, Dairy free, Gluten Free)



I am finally done being ward senior! What does that mean? Well hopefully you will be seeing a little more of me for one... and that I get somewhat of a life back! No more 16 hour days for this girl... at least for a couple months...

I made this recipe for my team who worked so hard this month on MTU! You know who you are! and thank you! I also let the boyfriend sample some... and he approved so hopefully you all do too!

I will keep this post short since I am still on call and just got home from the hospital. I am hoping I don't have to go back! But it's endocrine so I really can't complain.

Anyways let me know what you think about this one! I always love feedback.

*** NOTE: A kind reader pointed out that I forgot to include the cocoa powder in the ingredients list, so this recipe was altered on August 13, 2014 to include that.





*** NOTE: A kind reader pointed out that I forgot to include the cocoa powder in the ingredients list, so this recipe was altered on August 13, 2014 to include that.

Ingredients

3 1/4 cups almond flour (buy here
2 free range eggs
1 pint organic raspberries 
1 cup grated zucchini
1 TBSP organic vanilla extract (I use this kind
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup grassfed butter or coconut oil (I used this brand)
1/2 cup organic cocoa powder 
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt 



Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together in your mix master (or by hand with a pastry blender)
2. Preheat oven to 350F
3. Grease a bread pan with butter or coconut oil 
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean 
5. Let cool for 1-2 hours and then remove loaf from pan 
6. Enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. Just made this tonight, it tasted great only problem was I couldn't slice it, it crumbled and required scooping. I don't know what I did or didn't do but it tasted great so I will try again another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I have never had that happen! Did it seem cooked the whole way through? Did you let it sit in the pan for a couple hours after? I am trying to figure out what might have gone wrong…

      Delete
    2. Im not to good with baking so I'm never too surprised when thi nh s like this happen to me. I had it in for 45 minutes, maybe my oven needed longer. I did let it sit in the pan too and did not forget to add anything, I double checked.

      Delete
    3. Jessica I am annoyed that this didn't work for you! Maybe try cooking for a few extra minutes next time? My other idea is that once you remove it from the pan, stick it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, this may help it hold together better… Keep me posted! I would love for it to work for you :)

      Delete