August 24, 2013

Oven Roasted Duck with Coconut Cherry Reduction (SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Meat)

Duck. Not a meat that I cook with very often. Ok ever actually. But I recently had some delicious duck at a local restaurant and saw a duck recipe in "Practical Paleo" so I decided it was time to try cooking this meat on my own. Well the boyfriend helped, that I must admit. And I have to say the results were delicious. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Do any of you know a good duck supplier in Calgary? I would love to find one!
This recipe also uses fresh, local cherries which are absolutely delicious. Oh how I love summer time

Oven Roasted Duck with Coconut Cherry Reduction (SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Meat) 


Duck Directions

1. Rinse and pat dry 4 duck legs
2. Place duck legs into a large baking pan or dish
3. Coat duck legs in dried mustard, basil and thyme 
4. Heat oven to 350F
5. Place pan in the oven and cook for 60-65 mins or until brown on the outside


Coconut Cherry Reduction Directions

1. Wash and de-seed 2 cups of fresh cherries
2. Place cherries in a sauce pan on the stove and turn onto medium heat
3. Add 1/3 cup of coconut milk (full fat) to sauce pan
4. Allow mixture to heat until cherries soften and start to break apart (10-15 minutes)
5. Use a potato masher and crush remaining cherries until you reach your desired consistency (I like the sauce a but chunky)




Well that's it for now folks! Have a great weekend!
What have you been eating this week? I would love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment